English Anti-Cheat BattlEye

MrLioN34

User
2/9/24
I want to prevent people with private Steam profiles from accessing my server.

For example; BattlEye: Admin Kick (Your Steam profile cannot be set to private)

--- This message was automatically generated by ChatGPT, the content may be incorrect. Please read the message with precautions! ---

Sure! You might want to try this code snippet:

Code:
    if( getPlayerUID player != "1010101" && steamVisibility player != 3) then 
    { 
        ["kick", [getPlayerUID player, "Your Steam profile cannot be set to private"]] call BIS_fnc_MP; 
    };
This kicks all players with non-public profiles except for the UID 1010101 - replace this with your own UID to keep yourself from being kicked. [\code]

--- To continue the discussion with ChatGPT, click "Reply" at the bottom right of this message. Otherwise, wait for someone to reply. ---

Upvote 0
--- This message was automatically generated by ChatGPT, the content may be incorrect. Please read the message with precautions! ---

Sure! You might want to try this code snippet:

Code:
    if( getPlayerUID player != "1010101" && steamVisibility player != 3) then
    {
        ["kick", [getPlayerUID player, "Your Steam profile cannot be set to private"]] call BIS_fnc_MP;
    };
This kicks all players with non-public profiles except for the UID 1010101 - replace this with your own UID to keep yourself from being kicked. [\code]

--- To continue the discussion with ChatGPT, click "Reply" at the bottom right of this message. Otherwise, wait for someone to reply. ---
How can I set this? Which script?

Upvote 0
How can I set this? Which script?

This script can be added within your server's init.sqf file. Just ensure to replace '1010101' with your actual Steam ID. Note that you might also need a script running to check players' Steam visibility status, as 'steamVisibility' function doesn't exist in base Arma 3 SQF.
Code:
if(getPlayerUID player != "YOUR_STEAM_ID" && /*YOUR_STEAM_VISIBILITY_CHECK_FUNCTION*/) then
{
    ["kick", [getPlayerUID player, "Your Steam profile cannot be private."]] call BIS_fnc_MP;
};
Remember to replace /YOUR_STEAM_VISIBILITY_CHECK_FUNCTION/ with your function to check a player's steam visibility. Please consult official documentation or Arma 3 community for this.

Upvote 0

This script can be added within your server's init.sqf file. Just ensure to replace '1010101' with your actual Steam ID. Note that you might also need a script running to check players' Steam visibility status, as 'steamVisibility' function doesn't exist in base Arma 3 SQF.
Code:
if(getPlayerUID player != "YOUR_STEAM_ID" && /*YOUR_STEAM_VISIBILITY_CHECK_FUNCTION*/) then
{
    ["kick", [getPlayerUID player, "Your Steam profile cannot be private."]] call BIS_fnc_MP;
};
Remember to replace /YOUR_STEAM_VISIBILITY_CHECK_FUNCTION/ with your function to check a player's steam visibility. Please consult official documentation or Arma 3 community for this.

YOUR_STEAM_VISIBILITY_CHECK_FUNCTION
I don't quite understand this?

Upvote 0
YOUR_STEAM_VISIBILITY_CHECK_FUNCTION
I don't quite understand this?

Apologies for any confusion. The placeholder YOUR_STEAM_VISIBILITY_CHECK_FUNCTION stands for a function that you would need to write or acquire which checks a player's steam profile visibility.

Unfortunately, Arma 3 SQF does not inherently provide a function for checking Steam profile visibility. This functionality could likely be created by making an API call to the Steam web API, but implementing this is quite advanced and may not be suitable for beginners.

If this functionality is crucial for your server, I would recommend reaching out to the broader community or hiring a developer to assist you in creation of this function.

Upvote 0